In this article, we will talk about the cancellation and refund policy for IELTS takers. First of all, we need to know that there are two streams of IELTS one is UKVI or UK visa and immigration IELTS and the other one is non-UKVI. This article is mainly for non-UKVI IELTS takers.
Canceling Your IELTS registration
If you want to cancel your registration, please, remember that you will have to consider an administration fee of 3900 BDT for regular IELTS, 5000 BDT for UKVI IELTS, and 3800 BDT for Life Skill IELTS.
This fee will be deducted from your registration money if you apply for cancellation five weeks prior to the test date. Besides, you will not get your refund immediately, and it will take about 5-6 weeks.
Now, if you do not apply five weeks before your test date, you cannot apply for a refund at all. You will be exempt from this if you have a serious medical condition which may include a hospital or a big injury, if someone in your family has died, or face a trauma like becoming a victim of crime or accident, or if you have to join your military service.
- Login to your IELTS portal where you have registered for the test.
- Submit a request for cancellation.
- Upload the documents you the website asks you to provide.
Cancellation process for UKVI or Life skill
- You need to fill out the form for the refund application.
- You will get one email with more instructions on how to do it.
Conditions for refund
- If you have a medical document stating your condition and if you can submit it within 3 working days of the date of the test along with the cancellation request or refund form, you can have the fee refunded. However, an administrative fee will be deducted.
- Medical language is only accepted in English and local language.
- To get the authority to assess your situation, you need to submit the application forms and necessary documents on the portal within 5 days of the test date. Otherwise, you will be deemed absent from the test.
- Only medical certificates are accepted.