If you have taken IELTS and have your result, but you are not somehow satisfied with the outcome, EOR is for you. This article will talk about What is EOR in IELTS and How to apply for EOR?
We have taken numerous tests throughout our lives, and some of us felt disappointed because the outcomes were not as we had expected or felt unfair. This EOR or Enquiry of Results is for those who feel the scoring is unfair.
In this EOR process, you can request your scripts and answers checked by other examiners. The examiner who will re-evaluate your score will not know your main score. This way, there will be no unfairness or bias at all. At the end of the process, you get a new scorecard. You can request EOR for one or all of the sections, and you can only request EOR within the first six weeks of your IELTS date.
Should I opt for EOR?
EOR costs your money, and if you are in a hurry, it is a bad choice to opt for one. It takes six weeks, and you will not be able to use your original score anywhere. Therefore, only if you are very confident that you did better than the band score you got, then, by all means, you should opt for EOR.
How to Apply for IELTS EOR?
- It would be best to talk to the center where you took your IELTS.
- You will get all kinds of information and forms from the center.
- You can also apply online.
- In the application form, point out which section you want to re-evaluate.
- Wait for about six weeks after the submission of the form.
- Once your EOR is out, the center will send you an email.
- If you have a successful EOR, you will get a new scorecard and a refund of the EOR fees.
- If it is unsuccessful, you will get your original scorecard back, and there will be no refund.