When you prepare for the speaking module of the IELTS exam, you often find it challenging to practice with someone. In this article, we will try to give you a bit of guidance on how to get a speaking partner to practice.
Preparing for the IELTS speaking module
If you want a partner for your speaking practice, you need to find a person equally motivated to practice. If your partner is lax, your practice sessions will be wasted. So, follow the tips below.
- Try to visit a center for mock tests, and meet other examinees. Talk to them; if you are lucky, you will find someone who wants to pair up with you for practice.
- On Facebook, you will find many active Facebook groups or pages where people from various parts of the world are looking for speaking partners. You can talk to them and set a time for sessions. Again, your partner must be very active and enthusiastic about it.
- Hire a tutor for your speaking practice. You will see many people who are eager to get paid for service. Talk to them, check their Band score, and get the scorecard verified. If s/he is authentic, you hire them to be your speaking tutor.
- If you are a good user of English, you can find any topic and stand in front of a mirror and start talking to your image. Good users can sense their mistakes and correct them immediately without outside help. So, you can do this, just like I did many times for my exam.
- You can record your voice and listen to it for mistakes. Then re-record on the same topic. This time try to be conscious of the mistakes you made in the last recording.